Finally some good news for all folks out there. Microsoft just announced the Kinect SDK for Windows which will allow users to extend the Kinect application beyond the Xbox platform. By this latest announcement, Microsoft is reinventing the digital technology cycle and exploring different options. Microsoft’s Kinect sensor was also entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for being the fastest selling gadget in history.
Microsoft now is on the plans to make Kinect more like the leading human-computer interactive interface and is also rumored to make Kinect more natural. Microsoft’s Kinect Windows SDK features the following:
- Kinect SDK offers some latest advances in audio processing.
- Sound source localization for beamforming, which enables the determination of a sound’s spatial location, enhancing reliability when integrated with Microsoft’s speech recognition systems.
- Depth data, which provides the distance of an object from the Kinect camera, as well as the raw audio and image data, which together open up opportunities for creating richer natural user interface experiences.
- Highly performant and robust skeletal tracking capabilities for determining the body positions of one or two persons moving within the Kinect field of view.
- Documentation for the APIs and a description of the SDK architecture.
- Sample code that demonstrates how to use the functionality in the SDK.
Check out the video of what Kinect could do!
Leave a Reply